Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Let’s Talk about ME!!

I can talk about shopping, eating, cooking, walking, sleeping, sitting, running. I can talk about Paris, Rome, SFO, NYC, Sydney, Zurich, Chile and Cairo. I can talk about Notepad, Gizmos, iPod, iPad and iPhone. I can talk about Federer, Schumi, Kaka, Rooney and Dhoni.

I can talk about movies, music, soaps, reality shows, dance and theatre. I can talk about skyscrapers, villas, holiday homes, sports cars, Euro rail, crusies and jet planes.

There are (a lot of) times when I actually talk nothing, act like dumb, act with indifference or simply enjoy the rhythm of silence!

I can talk aloud about everything that is material and worldly perhaps because it seems as though all that is tangible, routine, material, mundane and generic is ‘Safe’. We See, Comprehend, Assimilate and Absorb everything through our interface with the outside world.

As I try to talk to the other side of the bridge, I realize that walking alone is the ‘safest’. I really can’t talk about all that is intangible – my journey to find myself, to the innermost space in ME.

My Fears & Joys, Failures & Successes, Emotions & Feelings ARE My LIFE!

These are stuff that keeps me ticking; these make my heart flutter. Precisely, these sum-up all that matters most to me – what some might call ‘True Calling’.

All this is guarded and tenderly watched just by ME. This part of my world belongs just to me and it is very rarely indeed that I would allow anyone in. We learn, evolve and grow with our own experiences. For me, the concept of spiritualism is too personal to be shared.

I have lived most of life like this; that’s how my mind and body are conditioned. It is a status quo that has been maintained and I am not ready, yet, to get rid of it. There has been a constant tug of war between pleasure & pain, dream & reality, reason & emotion and inner & outer self. But I do hope to acquire someday – sooner rather than later – the wisdom to bridge the ‘gap’ between the tangible and the intangible. May be that could bring in more peace and solitude in ME. For now, however, I am content to just Wait & Watch what life has in store for Me.

10th March 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment